Tuesday 23 April 2013

Not So lovely Life of Mine

So Ireland is this awesome country where you can emloy half an hour everyday for breakfast and that shines in sparkling green whenever the clouds open up a space for the sun to come out. This last thing, by the way, has been pretty usual lately :)

But some other stuff also goes on in this atlantic island.

First, you need an evidence of residence for everything you do.
Getting the PPS number was complicated enough, and seeing the letter didn't get "home" in the expected time was... awful given that I needed it to complete the lease agreement, and the unhelpfulness of the girl at the post office (I went there to ask for it because they told me so at the Social Welfare office), who didn't even turn around to check if the letter was there or not. But I had though that after I could prove that I proved the Social Welfare office that I do reside in Ireland, some doors would open for me.

Well, that doesn't exactly match what happened. The PPSN is not accepted as evidence of adress to open a bank account. A lease agreement isn't either (seriously? I still can't believe it). You need a bill, or else... a bill, or a bill, and you can also use an statement from your employer, but it need to be writen in headed paper, addressed directly to the bank, and accompanied by a bill on the name of your employer.

So, basically, you need a bill on your current adress to be able to pay the bills of that address, but then also...

You can not have a bank account to pay bills.

In this other bank, you can have a bank account to pay bills, but you can't have two people managing one account. Also, your bank card and details will get to your address by mail, in a maximum time of... well, I don't really know yet, but yeah, at least two weeks from the day you sign up.


Also there are little lovely cafés that have been looking for staff for, like, two months and haven't contacted me in any of the two times I handed my CV. That should sort of mean they don't really need someone that much, right?


And there are firends leaving, and more frinds leaving, and friends not coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment