Wednesday 29 May 2013

Culinary experiment of the day: Success!!!

I decided Wednesday was going to be my free day on this crazy pre-exam week. Oh, how I needed it!

So after picking up M. at her house and walking all the way to Douglas under an unbeliebablely warm sunshine, lying on the floor of "Art and Hobby" for about half an hour, having a latte and some apple pie (thanks for that, M.) as my only lunch (OK, that's not accurate, I also had an apple later!) walking back to Cork and meeting Oink there, and chatting and drawing, I got back home at 6.17 and hell, I was starving!
So I cooked myself some very Irish style dinner, and it was yummy, but I didn't feel like I'd finished handling food yet so after unsuccessfully trying to study for a while, I went back to the kitchen, opened all the drawers, thought for a minute and decided to cook... Chocolate Rice Pie!

After that, I failed to study for a while longer and then... I'm not going to say here what I've done then *Blush*, so I needed a treat, and I am now enjoying fancy glass of the rice pie I made.

Slightly too sweet, but it meets my needs xD. Great to have still warm.

It's really easy to make: You cook 3/4 of a unit rice on 1 unit of water with some (smaaaaall bit) of sugar and cinnamon and when the water dries you pour in 1 unit of milk and melt half a bar of coberture chocolate on it. Let cook until the rice is very tender. It should be creamy, not at all dry. While you get there, melt some more coverture chocolate, adding a bit of water. Pour the rice in the cups/bols/glasses and cover it with the melted cholocate. Sprinkles welcome.


Anyway yeah, as if I didn't have enough stuff to stress over with all the studying, and the bus-fligh-but-wait-bus home this Saturday, and the exams, and the enormous anxiety of going home just to visit and sleeping in my-bedroom-which-is-not-really-my-bedroom-anymore, I did THAT...


OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod.

No comments:

Post a Comment