Thursday 2 May 2013

Time goes By

So, as I explained on my last post, I went back to be looking for a job, and it's not easy, but my spirits are high.
Also, Mid Term is coming again already and even if that brings a personalised hell to all aupairs in the country M. has been given two free days so we are going to Belfast, yeah, why not, from Sunday to Tuesday, luckily being back on time for D&D? and...

Tuesday is also the day when Easons'/my birthday present to myself is arriving home! Yay! So I'll have to go and pick it up on the post office, but still! Books!
And talking about books I'm reading Cloud Atlas and it is very nice and charmingly complicated.

And also I need to very seriously get into studying, because finals are not that far away, and, well, I have got the flight to Spain booked and I'll be there for two weeks, one for my exams and the next one for a fun time with family and friends, or probably just family, and then M. will join me for a lovely half weekend or whatever in... yeah, finally... Dublin!

So that is a lot of travelling and as a result I won't be joining the next two Sceitse trips, and that makes me a little sad, but I hopefully will be there in July...! (Sorry, I tried, but it is too far away on time for me to be sincerely enthusiastic about it.)

Apart from all that, it's been like a couple of weeks since I went out of the shadows and became an official administrator of SPiC, which is not really a big thing, but still adds to the pile of responsabilities and small stuff I'm into.

In addition, it seems that now that I'm living in the city I absolutely can't miss any ICC meeting... or any other thing C. and  S. organise. And they are probably (certainly, even) into more stuff than M. and I are, so my life gets busier by the moment.


And all this scenario is missing the most important point of my life right now-

People are leaving. But not just people, like, people. I mean J. and Mi.. What is our live going to be from now on? Who will come and have a 4 hours long coffee at our sitting room?
Just thinking on their absence makes me feel empty...
...makes me think of how serious the compromise we joke about actually is. I can't go through this again.

And it brings to my mind that sentence with which that book begins "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friedns' nose" and how that book's main characters conclude that you can't pick your friends really, but you can pick their noses if necessary.
So whatever, I'm thinking of picking my friends.
Of picking settled friends, to be more accurate.

I don't want this numb emptiness on my chest.


Anyway. 've been listening to this all day like.


No comments:

Post a Comment